There are many common misconceptions surrounding life insurance. At EMC National Life, we are here to help educate and debunk some of these myths. Below are the top five myths that keep consumers from buying life insurance:
- “Life insurance is too expensive” – According to LIMRA, millennials overestimate the cost of life insurance by over 200%. Your monthly premium could cost less than what you spend on coffee each month!
- “Only people with families need life insurance” – Student loans, outstanding debt and rising funeral costs are all reasons to purchase life insurance, too!
- “Children don’t need life insurance” – What about their future insurability? Youth policies ensure that your children will be insured, no matter what happens.
- “Term insurance is the best option for everyone” – While term insurance may be the easier and cheaper option, a whole life policy has many benefits that can help you more in the long run.
- “I have life insurance through work, isn’t that enough?” – What if you lose your job or change careers? Your life insurance coverage may not transfer and may not be enough to cover your family’s needs.
Now that we’ve debunked the myths of life insurance, it’s time to ensure your client’s family’s hopes and dreams with a policy. Visit emcnationallife.com or contact your local agent to see which product will fit your client’s needs.